Sunday, October 30, 2011

All-hallows Eve

Halloween.


Bad, good? Neither?


It's a night that we all dress up in costumes, dress our children up, and go from door to door saying "trick or treat" and getting free candy.  We scare the daylights out of ourselves for fun, and adults use the holiday as an excuse to dress in a scantily clad fashion in public.  Where did this 'holiday' even come from?


Well I tried looking it up.  I was going to write my own blog on it.  I look at site after site and reading something a little different on every single one.  Most of it hear-say, most of it just guesses.  Some of it waaay off base.  I can't write about something that I don't know squat about.


So. I'm going to triple post here.


Over at Gorges' Grouse he posted a link to a woman's blog who was once a witch (or neo-Wiccan) but is now a Christian. It is her account of Halloween, where it comes from, and her thoughts on it.  I feel like its an unbiased, as she had celebrated it for years, and being a Christian, now knows both sides of it.  It is fascinating and really opens your eyes to a lot of things.


Here is her account.  There are three posts, each worth reading, and a link to the next at the end.


Thank you, Emily for posting those!

3 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

It's an unpopular stance you've taken. Don't expect many comments. (Although, most readers don't comment anyway)

Kincsem said...

I agree, I don't usually expect any. I have yet to put my thoughts in there, which I will add at some point... whenever I get a chance to get away from the eyes that are watching me procrastinate school work.

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing this, and I am glad there are at least some who will listen to the heartfelt cautions I give out! Even though, I think you guys were already aware of the dangers, it's still nice to know I'm not alone. :)