Saturday, July 30, 2011

Exhausted.

I wanted to give a shout out to any foster parents out there.  I just got done volunteering at a week long camp made to give foster kids hope of a brighter future.  It is one of the greatest causes, and the week was absolutely amazing.  But oh my goodness, am I ever tired.  I cannot even imagine trying to parent these children 24/7.  The two people that started the camp are so wonderful, they have the biggest hearts and they are two very faithful servants of the Lord.  They take in about 25 little girls, age 6-11, and host them at a camp nearby for about 6 days.  The kids come for free, and volunteers like me and 30 others are the counselors (each kid gets a counselor) and we raise the funds by sending out support letters.  They just rely on God to get the money to make the camp possible, and somehow they get the funds every year with out any fundraiser at all (just the letters) and its almost $750 per girl.  Each girl comes to camp and they are blessed out of their minds.  They get three awesome full course meals a day, they get to make all sorts of awesome crafts, they get to swim in the lake and play in the pool every day.  They learn about Jesus and find hope away from their not so great home.  It really is a fantastic cause and God has blessed it greatly.  That being said.  This week was the most effective form of birth control I could ever think of for any woman. 


I AM SO TIRED. I could go on and explain as to why I'm so tired, but honestly, I really am so exhausted I have no desire to go through it again in my head let alone write it out at the moment.


I do however, want to say that without the foster parents these kids would have no future at all.  It takes such a special person to be able to do this.  Some of them do it for the paycheck, which I do know someone who does.  It makes me absolutely sick.  But the ones that do this for love, God bless them.  It is SO hard.  These kids are hurt, attention seeking, and brokenhearted.  To be able to put a smile on their face and show them that there really is love in this world is priceless.


So kudos, to those foster parents, and if you know any, that do it for reasons that have nothing to do with money, pat them on the back.  Give them a casserole.  Buy them a freaking car dang it.  They deserve it.


PS I also met a teenager who is ultra-conservative and wants to go into politics.  She's super smart and I think she'll make it there.  So that gave me a slight amount of hope, seeing that there still are a couple intelligent generations still out there.

No comments: